Thursday, November 19, 2009

Poems

I found these two poems on ladiesagianstfeminism.com and thought that you might enjoy them. If you get a chance, check out the website. There is a section called Lady Lydia Speaks which has quite a few very good articles. Enjoy the poems!


Beauty and Duty

I slept and dreamed that life was beauty--
I woke and found that life was duty!
Was thy dream then, a shadowy lie?
Toil on, dear heart, courageously,
And thou shalt find thy dream to be
A truth and noonday light to thee.

~ Ellen Sturgess Hooper (1816-1841)







Be Good, Sweet Maid

My fairest child, I have no song to give you;
No lark could pipe to skies so dull and gray;
Yet, ere we part, one lesson I can leave you
For every day.
Be good, sweet maid, and let who will be clever;
Do noble things, not dream them all day long;
And so make life, death, and that vast forever
One grand, sweet song.

~ Charles Kingsley

1 comment:

blog said...

Thanks for posting these, Brittany! They're beautiful...

It's nice to see you posting again! I've been reading all your recent ones, and enjoying them. Hopefully we'll be able to see you soon!

Much love,
~L a u r e n

P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway! :D

P.P.S. I loved your fall decor!!!