Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Take My Life, and Let It Be

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my hands and make them move
At the impulse of Thy love,
At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee;
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King,
Always, only, for my King.

Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages for Thee;
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold,
Not a mite would I withhold.

Take my love, my God, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take my-self and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee
Ever. Only. All- For Thee.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Brittany!

This song has such beautiful words to it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Blessings,
Jenna

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Nice! In the Netherlands we sing it so: ( song 228) Lets sing this song in our own language.

Aritha.

1
Neem mijn leven, laat het, Heer,
toegewijd zijn aan uw eer.
Maak mijn uren en mijn tijd
tot uw lof en dienst bereid.

2
Neem mijn handen, maak ze sterk
door uw liefde tot uw werk.
Maak, dat ik mijn voeten zet
op de wegen van uw wet.

3
Neem mijn stem, opdat mijn lied,
U, mijn Koning, hulde bied'.
Maak, o Heer, mijn lippen rein,
dat zij uw getuigen zijn.

4
Neem mijn zilver en mijn goud,
dat ik niets daarvan behoud'.
Maak mijn kracht en mijn verstand
tot een werktuig in uw hand.

5
Neem mijn wil en maak hem vrij,
dat hij U geheiligd zij.
Maak mijn hart tot uwe troon,
dat, o Heer, uw Geest er woon'.

6
Neem ook mijne liefde, Heer;
'k leg voor U haar schatten neer.
Neem mij zelf, en t' allen tijd
ben ik aan U toegewijd.

Laura {{* *}} said...

A beautiful, softly written hymn
for the women of God
especially.

Ever, only, all for Thee.

{{* *}}

Season of Life said...

After reading your post on of this beautiful hymn, I went and read about Miss Frances Ridley Havergal. Her life, though short in our earthly eyes, was full of living for Christ. We could gleen much from her life, faith and use of His giftings in poetics and music.

Blessings & "warmth"~

robert said...

Thanks for posting Frances Havergal's great hymn of dedication. It was written 136 years ago today, but still speaks with a clear and relevant message.

If you enjoy reading about the background of our hymns, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Worewise Hymns.