Monday, December 7, 2009

Decorating for Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite time of year, and I love decorating for it. Last Wednesday Josh and I went and bought our Christmas tree, and it has been making the house smell WONDERFUL! My dad always used to take the trimmings from the tree and use them to decorate the mantle and I always loved it. Josh and I don't have a mantle, but I decided to use some tree trimmings to make centerpieces for our coffee table and dinner table, and I am going to attempt to make a garland. The nice lady at Lowes where we bought our tree let me take as much of the trimmings as I wanted from the box where they throw them, so I have a LOT of little branches. :-) I thought I would share some pictures with you of what has been done so far.


Getting ready to move the couch and set up the tree :-)

The evolution of the Christmas tree.




This little angel was made by my mom's stepmom and given to me when I was really little :-)






I doubt too many Ohio Christmas trees have sea shells on them! :-)












My first attempt at a centerpiece for the coffee table.




The wreath for the front door.

I just bought an artificial one and decorated it myself- it's cheaper that way!


More decorating to come later~

In other exciting news, IT'S SNOWING!! YAY! :-) According to the forecast, we might get up to and inch, but probably not even that much.






I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

8 comments:

blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blog said...

haha Sorry about that, Brittany! Now I know why I forgot to leave a comment for you! :P

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how pretty your decorations look!! It looks like you and Josh had fun trimming the tree, and I LOVE your coffee table display!

This year, we are borrowing my piano teacher's extra artificial tree, but I miss having a real one! We haven't had an artificial one in a looooooong time. I love the smell and shape of the real ones. Maybe we'll be able to find some leftover branches somewhere to use...

Well, I must finish up my to do list! We're leaving early tomorrow morning and I'm frightfully behind! Enjoy the Christmas season!

Love,
Lauren

Marci said...

Brittany, everything looks warm and homey. You are a wonderful helpmeet to my son. I thank God for you.

Sharri said...

Brittany your decorations are lovely! You did a great job with the centerpiece and wreath!

I know you're excited to visit with your family soon! I hope you have a wonderful time!

The Dearborns said...

I have a shell ornament just like that on my tree. :) It may be a more common occurance in Okinawa though, haha. :) Beautiful job!

Mrs. Burnsed said...

Awww how sweet! You did a great job decorating...so artistic!
Tell your family hi for us when they get there :) I'm so happy you get to see eachother for the holidays...I know how hard it is to be away from family.
God Bless & Merry Christmas!

Campbell Mama said...

Brittany,

Love the wreath and centerpiece. You did a great job.

Nancy said...

You did such a wonderful job on the decorations! The centerpiece is so pretty and the wreath is beautiful!