Saturday, May 9, 2009

They Call Her Blessed

"The happiest part of my happy life has been my mother." Washington Irving

"I remember my mother's prayers- and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." "All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother." Abraham Lincoln

"All that I have ever accomplished in my life I owe to my mother." D.L. Moody

"If I am Thy child, only God, it is because Thou gavest me such a mother." St. Augustine



The Hand That Rules The World

Infancy, the tender fountain,
Ever may with beauty flow;
Mother's first to guide the streamlets;
From them souls unresting grow-
Grow on for the good or evil,
Sunshine streamed or darkness hurled;
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.

Mother, how divine your mission
Here upon our natal sod!
Keep, oh, keep the young heart open
Always to the breath of God!
All true trophies of the ages
Are from mother-love impearled,
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.

Blessings on the hand of mother!
Fathers, sons and daughters cry,
And the sacred song is mingled
With the worship in the sky-
Mingled where no tempest darkens,
Rainbows ever gently curled;
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.


Happy Mother's Day! If you are a mother, you are one of the most important and special people in the world. As one of my favorite songs says, you are changing the world, one little heartbeat at a time! :-) Unfortunately in our culture today, mothers are not given the honor, love, and gratitude that they deserve. Girls grow up thinking they have to go out into the world, be independent, and have a full time career in order to have a worthwhile life. Nothing could be further from the truth! Motherhood is one of the most important and precious jobs in the world. It is your responsibility to help your husbands raise those precious little ones up to be strong, godly men and women. That also makes it one of the hardest jobs in the world! God bless all the Christian mothers, Proverbs 31 women, out there!

Today I am especially thankful for the two most important mothers in my life. Both are true Proverbs 31 women, and I love them both with all of my heart! The first is, of course, my own mom, Terri Brower.
My mom is the most amazing woman I know. She has a faith in God that has never wavered, and she has been a wonderful role model to me. Her teaching, and my Dad's, is what has prepared me to be a wife and someday, a mother. My mom has taught me to love being a woman, to always strive for a the gentle and quiet spirit, to love, honor, and obey my husband- and to do my best to be his closest and wisest adviser. Her selfless sacrifice for my dad, myself and my siblings is an inspiration to me. She has taught me to be feminine without being weak and overly girly. :-) She has taught me by example, by her wise counsel and guidance, and even by encouraging me to learn from her mistakes. She is a wonderful, godly woman, and I am so blessed to have her!
The other special mom in my life is my husband Josh's mom, Marcie Blubaugh. I have looked up to her since I was a little girl. She has given me wise counsel, and been a close friend for a long time.
Her faith in God is inspiring to me. It was her godly influence that helped my mom, and then me, to begin dressing more modestly. She taught us how to make bread and soap, and she helped me begin learning to sew. She has been a close friend and encouragement to my mom, for which I am very thankful. Next to my mom, she is the woman I look up to the most. I feel very blessed to have her as a mother-in-law. Her success as a mother is proved by the wonderful, loving, godly son that she helped to raise. It is a wonderful blessing for me to be able to spend time with her now that I live so far away from my mom.
Thank you Mom and Marci for being the wonderful, godly women that you are! I have learned so much from you, and I know there is so much more that I can learn! I love you both!


If you want to listen to "One Heartbeat At A Time" click the link below.

One Heartbeat At A Time


5 comments:

Marci said...

I am sitting here crying. Oh Britt, I am incredibly blessed in you and my son. Thank you so much for the kind words. You are a treasure!!

Sharri said...

What a lovely and wonderful post Brittany!
I'm sure both of your Mom's feel so blessed to have you as a daughter!

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are indeed. Marci is a wonderful woman of God and sure loves laundry days with you!
Patricia

The Dearborns said...

Very nice Britt! :) And I love that song too. :) It IS blessed encouragement that you don't find too often anymore (at least not without a heavy dose of "advice" you didn't ask for, lol). You are going to be a wonderful Mommy. Just don't do what I did and wish away this precious time with just you and your husband! It is very valuable and you won't get it back. I know I was very bitter about why we weren't having children for all that time, and it sure didn't make any sense to me! It wasn't until God dealt with me, and helped me remove that bitter root, and trust HIM that He blessed us with Donna. I bet you are not feeling like that at all, but I felt like I should share that with you. Love you my friend, and hope you are having a wonderful day!! :)

Anna Grace said...

What a wonderful gift, Brittany!
Mothers are truly powerful weapons for the kingdom of God. I am so thankful for the special day set aside to honor them. Knowing both your sweet Momma and mother-in-law, I can completely agree with the honest praise you gave them both! We do indeed call them blessed!
Blessings upon you!
Anna :)